Company OverviewTop unicorn company with big name and brand value!
Job DescriptionThe company has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
This position is designed for an individual based in Tokyo with a strong understanding of business and financial processes and controls, has a sound knowledge of the audit process and possesses good analytical skills and is able to work independently and in a team. We are searching for a candidate that is self-motivated, has experience in leading a team in performing audits, has effective project management and audit planning skills, and experienced with dialogues and presentation to senior management. Additionally, this person should be able to multi-task and extend beyond their immediate department and be able to influence organization objectives or assist in achieving organizational measurements.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Lead all phases of an audit from the planning stage to audit report publication
- Perform effective review of the audits, provide value add comments to team members
- Quantify materiality and articulate business risks associated with findings.
- Alert management when concerns arise, offer recommendations/solutions to problems
- Effectively communicate in English (written and orally) relevant facts to the client, team leader, and senior management.
- Lead advisory and consulting projects that assist in the organization in designing and implementing robust internal controls, policies, and guidelines.
- Support IT audits and investigations as needed.
Requirements- Has a university degree in areas of study such as Accounting, Finance or Business related.
- Internet, Telco, High-Tech, Financial Services or other fast paced industry, working with Global teams experience is preferred
- Familiar with various data analytics tools (e.g. Power BI, Python, Qlik Sense) is a plus
- At least 5 years of Internal plus Big 4 External Audit experience, compliance or Internal Controls experience is a plus
- Open to 30% travel. Please note that this will only be applicable when travel restrictions are lifted.
- Fluency in English (writing, speaking, and reading) is a requirement
- Fluency in Japanese (writing, speaking, and reading) is a requirement
- Other language capability (e.g.Mandarin, Korean) is a plus
- Japan CPA, CIA, ACCA, CICPA, CPA or CISA certifications preferred.