Company OverviewLeading Global Lifescience Manufacturing Company
Job DescriptionJapan Manufacturing Engineer
RequirementsThe Manufacturing Engineer will develop, implement and maintain the plant engineering functions, such as Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Processes and Tools, in order to support operations through the achievement of the objectives and goals from the Manufacturing Department.
Responsibilities include coordination of equipment installation, technical support, process improvement, preventive maintenance program development, and coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Carry out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training. Prepare and present plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Assists Manufacturing Head in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Launch production cooperating with Manufacturing Department. Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Communicate with other departments, suppliers, out-sourcing companies and customers from the stand points of process engineering.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency or reduce costs using knowledge of lean concepts, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, workflow, and equipment layout.