Company OverviewMajor ERP Application / System Manufacturer
The client delivers end-to-end ERP and strategic edge applications that are integrated and delivered in a multi-tenant cloud. They believe that customers need industry-specific solutions and that one size does not fit all.
They are proud to serve more than 68,000 companies worldwide. The client is a standalone subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., which has annual revenues of over $110 billion.
Job DescriptionJob title – Project Manager (ERP)
Salary Range: 8-12m JPY
Location: Japan, Tokyo Office
The project manager is responsible for the successful execution of cloud and on-premise software implementation projects. The Project Manager will need to understand customer project objectives and take ownership of the client’s contractual requirements defined in the Statement of Work. He or she will manage resources assigned to fulfil those requirements using the client’s implementation methodology, lead implementation planning, control project plan and overall execution, develop positive relationships with all project stakeholders creating a high level of customer satisfaction, and help the customer realize expected benefits.
Your Responsibilities Include
• Ensures that billable projects remain on schedule and within budget
• Ensures projects are completed according to agree upon plan. Maintains project financial and project profitability, to include resource scheduling, revenue forecasting per project, billing reconciliations, expense report and time approval for project work, etc
• Monitors project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members. Assigns / delegates work assignments to project team members
• Prepares project status reports on project progress and problems
• Keeps appropriate people informed of project progress, complete weekly Project Status Reports, Bi-weekly dashboard reports, participate in weekly PM meetings and communicate appropriately with Executive Sponsor / department leadership through written and verbal communication
• Assist where applicable in pre-sales engagements
• Establish customer alignment to the project Statement of Work
• Establish the client’s methodology work breakdown structure with the customer
• Establish cost control plan and allocate the project budget
• Project change control procedures and update project baseline as required
• Monitor and control project financials and report finance KPIs such e.g. margin
Knowledge and Skills, You Bring to the Organization
• A degree in computer science or equivalent is required.
• Proven background in project management
• Project size managed between 1,000 and 3,000 days (Projects between $1M - $3M)
• The job requires travelling
• Project Management experience on completion of numerous software and product implementations e.g. full lifecycle ERP implementation projects
• Experience working with, and/or coordinating the efforts of multiple parties (e.g. third parties, clients, and offshore departments)
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment, working with complex projects and handling demanding customers.
• Possess a high degree of project planning, organizational skills, and systems integration expertise
• Possess knowledge of the market to which they are assigned, including industry, trends, the applicability of the client’s products within the target market, and key competitors.
• Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification or equivalent is desirable
The clients Guiding Principles set the standard for how they work with one another. They define who they are as an organization and guide everything they do. By applying the same shared values that unleash prosperity in free societies—such as value creation, integrity, responsibility, free speech, and toleration—they encourage one another to take initiative and to challenge the status quo.
They have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
The client does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age or individuals with disabilities.
The client values your privacy that’s why they created a policy that you can read here.
The information above is not complete and may change once joining the client in future but this is a guide of the overall role.