Company OverviewThe company is a Japanese Technology company with businesses across Japan
Job DescriptionThe Accountant will directly support the Controller and Sr. Accountants for Hthe Japan business. He/She provides key support regarding accounting and controls and align activities with corporate policy.
• Responsible for elements within one or more areas including but not limited to: General Ledger, Accounts Payable / Receivable, Tax, T&E, Treasury.
• Assists general accounting, intercompany activities, and financial operations.
• Ensures procedures and controls maintained to produce reliable, accurate, and timely financial results.
• Implements Company policies and procedures related to financial activities.
• Collaborates on the monthly accounting close and reporting process, insuring reports are timely, accurate, and understood.
• Assists monthly, quarterly, and annual account analysis; creates audit pack reports per compliance.
• Assures company is in compliance with accounting pronouncements and governmental requirements.
• Assists designated projects to improve compliance, controls, operations, productivity and profitability.
Requirements• Bachelor’s Degree Required; prefer degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
• Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in similar type position
• Knowledge and work experience based on Japanese GAAP and IFRS
• Bilingual (Japanese native, English intermediate) in speaking, reading and writing
• Book-keeping knowledge and month-end experience preferred
• Experience and knowledge of SAP or ERP system is preferred
• Knowledge of accounting terminology and definitions
• Must have displayed timely and accurate work