Company OverviewThe company is an established American company which produces industrial products to notable clients within their industry. Their products are known highly for their precision, quality and innovative technology. Due to a strong focus on expansion within the Japan market, they are looking for a capable Finance Manager to oversee the most important aspects of their business.
Job DescriptionAccounts Payable
• Enter Invoices, create payment
• Preparing and running check runs
• Reconcile Account Payable
• Vendor registration to the system
• Deposit Checks received daily and entering into system
• Prepare and send out invoices
• Reconcile Account Receivable
• Follow up on Accounts Receivable Aging
• Customer registration to the system
• Learn and enforce the use of JD Edwards system
• Reconcile bank account
• Coordinate money transfers
• Monitors and maintains cash liquidity related to company payment obligations
• Expense report management
• Make entries into the General Ledger
• Month End closing
• Process, prepare, investigate and send out Financial Statements
Taxes & Compliance
• Submit required tax payments
• Support annual Japan tax preparation
• Enter manufacturing Job Order changes each week
• Bi-Annual Inventory Tally
• Cost registration to the system
• English and Japanese; both written and spoken, as well as reading and listening, at a business level or higher
• Responsive and timely, both internally and externally (customer, vendor, government, etc)
Requirements• You are a self-starter who takes pride in the details, are highly organized with exemplary ethics and a highly developed team-oriented attitude, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solving skills.
• Basic understanding of accounting, sufficient with bookkeeping 2nd grade
• You are a skilled professional with at least 3 years of experience as a staff accountant or have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Strong knowledge of General Ledger, month end close, account reconciliation, and financial statements is required.
• Proficient in JDE, or have experience with similar ERP application
• Helps identify risks and opportunities which affect the business; and provides timely communication of same along reporting line and within the organization.
• Must have proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel/Word/Outlook).