Company OverviewMy client is an American electronic goods company with a successful business in both Japan and the APAC area as a whole. Their product range covers many different areas and they are a global leader in each field. Due to the success of the business they are expanding rapidly and are hoping to hire someone to join their team either as Senior Accountant to add immediate value to what is already a dynamic and developing group.
Job DescriptionThe Accountant will directly support the Controller and Sr. Accountants for Hthe Japan business. He/She provides key support regarding accounting and controls and align activities with corporate policy.
• Responsible for elements within one or more areas including but not limited to: General Ledger, Accounts Payable / Receivable, Tax, T&E, Treasury.
• Assists general accounting, intercompany activities, and financial operations.
• Ensures procedures and controls maintained to produce reliable, accurate, and timely financial results.
• Implements Company policies and procedures related to financial activities.
• Collaborates on the monthly accounting close and reporting process, insuring reports are timely, accurate, and understood.
• Assists monthly, quarterly, and annual account analysis; creates audit pack reports per compliance.
• Assures company is in compliance with accounting pronouncements and governmental requirements.
• Assists designated projects to improve compliance, controls, operations, productivity and profitability.
Requirements• Bachelor’s Degree Required; prefer degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
• Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in similar type position
• Knowledge and work experience based on Japanese GAAP and IFRS
• Bilingual (Japanese native, English intermediate) in speaking, reading and writing
• Book-keeping knowledge and month-end experience preferred
• Experience and knowledge of SAP or ERP system is preferred
• Knowledge of accounting terminology and definitions
• Must have displayed timely and accurate work
Additional Job InformationDesired characteristics:
• Understanding and working in past organizations having centralized and de-centralized structures
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and perform effectively in a fast-paced matrix environment
• Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
• Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrix organization
• Strong analytical skills and proactive communication
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail, multi-tasking and strong follow through required