Company OverviewGlobal tourism shopping tax refund company in Akihabara
Job DescriptionThis is an Accounting position in the Asia Pacific Accounting and Reporting team. This position reports to the Accounting Manager Japan in Tokyo. He or she is required to quickly proceed and complete numerous manual accounting work with standard tools including Excel.
Roles and responsibilities:
A. Ongoing tasks
• Manage the reliability and validity of accounting data in the system including refunding system and sales invoicing system before generation of sales invoices.
• Create and send invoices to merchants and answer any inquiries from them (G6, Mitsui, Aeon and etc.).
• Follow-up on outstanding receivable and overpaid cases.
B. Accounting & Reporting
• Responsible in one or more accounting sub-functions such as GL, AP, AR, FA, and Billing.
• Responsible for T&E Report checks and proceed reimbursements to staff.
• Responsible for payments for vendor invoices.
• Liaise with other departments (IT, Processing, Sales etc.) and external vendors (auditors, tax agents and financial institutions) to resolve issues and respond to queries.
• Any Ad-hoc tasks or projects as required.
Requirements• Proficient in Japanese. English capability enough to understand financial statements and accounting treatments written in English
• Around 2 years experiences in Accounting and/or Finance
• Nissho Book Keeping third grade and / or the equivalent qualifications preferable, but not required.