Company OverviewOur client is an American footwear and accessories brand with more than 80 shops in Japan.
Job Description• Manage and prepare all accounting, tax and monthly closing activities.
• Provide accurate monthly, quarterly, annual financial reports in both US GAAP and Japan GAAP.
• Provide management reports, with variance analysis vs budget, forecast and prior year.
• Internal Control.
• Develop efficient/automated processes to reduce manual work.
• Respond to financial data requests from corporate headquarters.
• Coordinate year-end audit collaborating with external auditor.
• Prepare tax return collaborating with external tax adviser.
• Manage physical inventory collaborating with other function and the vendor.
• Ensure appropriate payment approvals and process.
• Manage cash flow.
• Team management. Train and develop subordinates.
Requirements• Knowledge of USGAAP, financial reporting, financial statement analysis, and internal controls.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Qualified Accountant or similar qualification is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in supervisory or managerial level.
• Proven ability to streamline processes to reduce workload.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and in SAP.
• Fluent English and Japanese language skills.