Company OverviewA leading USA performance chemical company
Job DescriptionJob Title: Application Development Engineer - Cosmetic
1) Work with Marketing and Technology teams
• Work closely with Commercial functions and with Specialty Fluids Technology to identify new business opportunities to drive growth for Our company business.
2) Development of prototype formulations
• Develop new formulations demonstrating the performance benefits of Our company product portfolio based on a strong understanding of the industry, customer needs and end use applications.
3) Laboratory work
• Independently plan and execute laboratory work in support of customer requests, new product launches, quality complaints and assessment of competitive materials.
• Document all laboratory results.
• Maintain and promote a safe laboratory environment in accordance with applicable quality standards.
4) New product introduction and existing products technical support
• Support new product introductions including formulation development and the creation of technical literature.
5) Supply creative input into the design of new products that provide added value in the Personal and Home Care market. This should include the definition of clear technical targets and Value Proposition.
• Provide professional customer support related to the use of new and existing products, including travel to customer sites as needed
• Train customers, new employees, distributors and agents.
• Participate in industry trade shows and events.
• Technical Degree or commensurate technical work experience
• 3 – 5 years of experience in a Product Development and/or Technical Service role related to Sun Screen / Colored Cosmetics & Makeup / Shampoo or Conditioner
• Familiarity with the use and application of common raw materials used in cosmetics and personal care
• Ability to travel.
Required Technical/Business Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a global cross-functional team environment with strong customer focus.
• Demonstrated skill in formulation of Personal and Home Care product forms.
• Have the ability to independently perform or coordinate any required analytical testing, interpret results and draw conclusions for review with scientists and engineers.
• Able to effectively communicate results clearly and precisely and document conclusions and recommendations including authorship of formal reports.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Japanese and English.
• Self-motivated individual with high level of creativity, technical curiosity and strong team spirit.