|勤務地||Japan - Tokyo|
Large IT Service provider who is working with world famous search engine.
■案件名 Job Title
【A major foreign search company】Technical support for VIP
■仕事の内容 Job Description
このチームでは、メール、電話、チャットなどのツールを利用してクライアントの製品や API のサポートをしていただきます。
We are doing technical support of business tools (mailer, scheduler etc.) provided by a major foreign search company.
We are looking for members to launch premium support for large scale clients.
This team will support clients' products and APIs using tools such as email, phone, chat, etc.
Team members consist with Japanese staff supporting in Japanese and foreign national staff supporting in English.
■配属先情報：全体：約 100 名。今回の募集チーム：約 10 名。
Client information: 100 employees Team: 10 members
Language skill (English): Native Level
Language skill (Japanese): Communicable Level (with other members)
• Confirmed solid troubleshooting skills (application performance, UNIX, Linux or
Windows systems, networking and web protocols):
• Can follow a logical troubleshooting path, navigate through ambiguous problems, collect
relevant information, create hypothesis and test them without guessing or jumping to
• Can perform troubleshooting of systems or applications involving multiple technologies or protocols in the OSI stack, able to reliably establish root cause.
• Understanding of Web technologies and protocols such as HTTP(S), TLS, cookies, SSO, DNS, HTML:
• Knows HTTP protocol specifications, such as request methods, response codes, contents and meaning of HTTP request and response headers (including cookies).
• Able to analyze HAR/network capture and explain its logical flow
• Knows the concepts of TLS -able to explain the flow of a TLS connection, encryption
principles, ciphers, the role of the Certificate Authority, Certificate Authority Chain.
• Capable of simulating a TLS connection using common command line tools (e.g. openssl)
• Understanding of SSO as implemented on HTTP layer (if does not know, can design the system based on their protocol and encryption knowledge)
• Understands DNS: recursive domain name resolution, most common record types, transport protocols used
• Capable of reading basic HTML code, able to identify portions of the code responsible for a specific page element
• Solid OS knowledge for either Windows or Linux systems:
• Knows OS resource (CPU, memory, disk, network) managing tools and resources
• Capable of performing basic OS management and troubleshooting tasks (firewall configuration, scripting and automation, user management, performance monitoring)
• Able to troubleshoot OS performance and reliability issues (CPU, network, RAM, disk) using common tools (top, iostat, strace for UNIX, procmon, registry editor, group policies for Windows)
• Fully aware of file system design and security concepts (permissions model for Unix and
Windows, inodes in Linux, soft-and hard links for Linux and Windows)
• Fully knowledgeable of OS permissions (root vs unprivileged resources and network access, sudo, setuid/setgid for Unix, UAC for Windows)
• Able to read example code, identify potential issues or test cases
• Knowledgeable of common variable types and data structures (arrays, lists, hash tables)
• Strong customer facing skill in English and (if applicable) Japanese. For Japanese, business level spoken Japanese and JLPT2 or equivalent certification is required
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical
• Experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering, or systems engineering
• Extensive networking knowledge:
• Knowledge of the entire OSI stack, knows which protocol relates to which layer
• Able to explain the fundamentals of TCP/IP -IP packet headers, meaning of most important header contents (source/destination IP, protocol)
• Able to explain IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, including network masks
• Can clearly explain the differences between TCP and UDP and specific use cases for these protocols (justifying those)
• Knows basic routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP), knows the concept of an Autonomous
System and how the Internet operates.
• Capable of configuring Firewall and NAT for multiple protocol types
• Knowledgeable of the foundations of IP telephony (SIP, XMPP, RTP)
• Advanced Email, Anti-spam and account security knowledge
• Knowledge of SMTP and IMAP protocols (able to use telnet to send/receive email)
• Knowledge of common anti-spam technologies (can implement SPF, DKIM, DMARC if
requested), aware of basic ML-based anti-spam technologies