Company OverviewThe company is a highly established insurance company that has a strong global outreach. Currently, their team is expanding greatly and are looking to hire top talents in Japan to share their journey in their business growth.
Job DescriptionThe company is looking for an Audit Director to lead their Finance and Operations team.
• Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and
annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology,
and Audit Committee reporting.
• Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to
develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the
• Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of
service quality and client satisfaction.
• Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with
practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
• Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring
activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or
external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to
risk management and internal control best practices.
• Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls,
compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
• Update/develop process documentation to support management’s SOX assessment and Model Audit
• Lead scoping efforts for management’s SOX assessment and create report on final assessment of
internal controls over financial reporting for the fiscal year-end for management’s review;
Requirements•8+ years of Public Accounting (i.e. Big 4 Accounting Firms) experience and internal audit
•BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field
•Professional audit relevant certification - Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
•Deep understanding of audit industry best practices including the use and implementation of software tools
•Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills that help facilitate interactions with business partners in both Japanese and English
•Proven experience leading successful teams.
•Experience in coordinating external audits and auditors