Company OverviewInternal Audit Manager role at a global Insurance company.
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Review and develop the standard policies and procedures to ensure business activities are in line with the Company Conduct.
• Lead and coordinate with statutory auditors, in risk identification, assessment and mitigation and update on company control environment.
• Lead and coordinate division, sales branch internal audit, J-SOX, etc. including reporting.
• Support management to strengthen effective business and financial controls and risk management.
• Support HQ internal audit team conduct internal audit or other investigations for Japan
• Timely follow up audit action items until closure.
• Provide support to the leadership team to improve efficiency of operating processes and to strengthen financial control and operating procedure design and compliance
• Establish the Control platform, create control environment across the organization, promote control awareness and build up control sense of the organization.
• Drive and monitor the policies and procedures deployment and carry out the necessary training (internally and externally), keep track of the compliance.
• Maintain and update delegation of authority.
-Support other functions on other ad-hoc control-related matters.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Risk identification, assessment and mitigation and acts as a consultant to process owners in developing processes and identifying key control points.
Requirements• 10+ years of experience in business control and/ or auditing (both external and internal)
• Capability of working with Leadership Team, and other business leaders with a demonstrated ability to influence through logical argument, personal credibility and assertiveness.
• Capability of at cross-functional working relationships outside of Finance
• Ability to work effectively with all levels and functions
• Good communication and presentation skills - verbal and written in Japanese and English.
• Good understanding of accounting principles and internal control principles.
• Disciplined, highly self-motivated and result-oriented; able to work independently and with own/cross functional teams to accomplish commitments.
• Working experience at global environment, with global team(s), and/or in mixed cultures
• Sound IT skills - particularly in flowcharting, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation packages.
• Strategic thinking with strong analytical skill, able to see the big picture.
• Willingness to work with a flexible schedule, and occasional travel.
• Ability to develop and elevate the standard of processes and controls awareness.
Good to have:
- CPA / MBA / CIA
- Strong business acumen and commercial knowledge
- People management
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firm
- SAP skills