Company OverviewLarge It company that is a market leader in Japan are expanding their workforce. The company offers an English and Japanese mix environment that allows candidates to get the best of both worlds here in Japan. Today, their 70+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content,
communications and fintech, bringing the joy of discovery to more than 1.2 billion members across the world.
Job Description"Business Analyst – Business and Technical Requirements Definition
The company has established a Data Governance Office to “support companies’s evolution to a global innovation company by providing data governance that enables the business to deliver innovative new services whilst keeping customer and company data secure and mitigating unacceptable risks”.
The Data Governance Office is currently looking for a business analyst with experience eliciting and documenting business and technical / functional requirements to help define the scope for a project(s) which span contractual, policy and technical domains. Once the scope of the project(s) is defined, an approach will be agreed and then executed, with requirements refinement continuing iteratively until the project(s) are complete.
As the scope of the project is only defined at a high level, the chosen candidate will have to be comfortable working with uncertain requirements and independently conducting investigations to clarify them (including reaching out to new stakeholders as these are identified).
The chosen candidate will have to work with multiple teams and departments across the company from day one, including teams with varying levels of English and Japanese language ability.
• Analysis of various business strategies to determine, clarify and document the underlying business requirements;
• Creating a clear functional, policy or contractual requirements;
• Investigating the functionality and current use cases of internal tools and technologies as needed to support requirement analysis and definition;
• Analysis of internal policies and procedures as needed to support requirement analysis and definition;
• Eliciting requirements from a range of stakeholders which include people with no experience of defining requirements (turning general statements of want into clear and unambiguous requirements);
• Clearly documenting various levels of requirements, including demonstrating traceability between requirements at different levels;
• Negotiating with stakeholders with different or conflicting requirements to reach a consensus or defining innovative solutions that will address both sets of conflicting requirements;
• Helping to determine an approach for delivering the requirements including prioritization of changes, allocation of requirements to relevant project or phase and way of delivering change in such a way as to reduce risk;
• Supporting project teams to understand the risks, issues, assumptions, and dependencies that exist as a part of the proposed requirements/approach;
Requirements• At least 5 years’ experience eliciting, defining and documenting business requirements;
• At least 3 years’ experience eliciting, defining and documenting functional requirements for IT systems;
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
• Excellent analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities;
• Strong prioritization, organizational, and time management skills;
• Good stakeholder management and influencing skills;
• Able to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to work under pressure.