Company OverviewIt is the leading global provider of consumer and retail market research information for a wide range of industries. It provides critical consumer behavior, point-of-sale (POS) information, industry expertise, and business solutions across more than 20 industries in the world.
Through its information and services, it helps their clients understand markets and customers for better business decisions.
Job DescriptionOverall Responsibilities:
• Take up a commercial challenge, coupled with a high level of client servicing and account management, with a driven and result-oriented mindset, conducting engaging business discussions or presentations and initiating relationships at executive level, being perceived by clients as a trusted advisor.
• Provide value-added and actionable insights to help our clients grow their business and gain market and actively contribute to their satisfaction.
• Understand the dynamics of each client’s organization and penetrate the account base to identify applications for company products and services.
• Identify new revenue opportunities and developing approaches to expand and enhance the product and service offerings to meet your client’s needs and fill gaps.
• Organize the appropriate resources to achieve the revenue and profit targets by leading the revenue/budget forecast process, leading contract negotiations and accomplishing selling process.
• Ensure overall client satisfaction with service, data application and deliverables by managing client relationships to build a reputation for excellent service and generate repeat business.
• Closely manage the local client development team, while actively contributing to the effectiveness, development and satisfaction of the team.
• Collect information about the country relevant markets and local opportunities or identify threats.
• Actively look for new possible business and initiatives in the country, new possible industries to cover, possible partnership and acquisition.
Requirements• At least 10 years’ professional experience in managing business in Japan. 10+ yrs of Market research experience, within client services, account management or business development with market research companies..
• Experience of consumer tracker preferred.
• Experience in general merchandising, or experience around e-commerce/digital marketing will be an advantage although not essential.
• Capable of influencing and persuading a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers.
• Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to large groups and senior audiences.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Proven business development experience (from understanding client needs to preparing the proposal and to successfully closing of the deal).
• Demonstrated success in contract negotiations.
• Demonstrate ability to effectively manage, develop and retain a team. Capable of positively influencing team’s productivity, efficiency and morale under pressure.
• Totally fluent in English communication, both in written and in oral.
• Expert in all MS Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Enthusiastic, innovative and have seasoned leadership and communication skills.