Job DescriptionPosition description:
Senior Business Development Manager for Energy Solutions. Reporting to Regional Director NEA
We are looking for a senior person for Energy Solutions business development activity with a good understanding of Market Development work. Business Development is focusing in concrete sales opportunities within the existing and new market segments, including industrial CHP and Bio Fuel projects. As Market Developer, you will lead and execute the Market Development Plans to promote Smart Power Generation concept in the country. The work is done in close co-operation with Market Development Team, local Business Development and Regional Business Development Teams
Leading Business Development and sales projects management in Japan and reporting to relevant stakeholders within the company regarding the progress of the activities. Main responsibilities within:
- Manage customer relationships
- Increase awareness of the companies products and services and generate new customer base
- Lead sales projects to successful closing of the deals
- Accurately forecast and deliver sales with profitability and risk profiles according to company directives.
- Enter new opportunities in CRM, update it monthly and report progress in sales meetings.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contract.
- Travel as required to be successful in the region and achieve adequate "face time" with customers
Plan organize and lead Market Development activities in Japan together with Area Market Development organisation and Area Sales organisation.
Focus on system-level value proposition development with the stake holders in the market place
Develop and maintain needed High level customer and other stake holder relationships to enable the market development plans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, Japanese and English
-Work experience in power solutions sales in Japan and general experience of international business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implemented business development.
- Very good understanding of utility industry, IPP's and electricity markets
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Great ability influence people
- Consultative selling skills with ability to understand customer needs and develop a winning solution.
- You have wide range of stakeholders; you need excellent communication and networking skills. Speaking, writing and understanding English is a default for this position.
- MBA or MSc. (engineering, economics, business or similar).
- Minimum 10 years power plant project sales/development. Alternatively utility planning, trading or other power market experience.
- Must have experience interacting with senior level utility and energy stakeholders.
- Capable of arranging meetings and interacting with senior decision makers in customer's organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of the energy/power sector.
- Understanding of power plant financing, construction, operation and economic drivers.