Role and Responsibility
1) Lead the country Chief Accounting team to support multiple Business Units
2) Manage local team in Japan and work with extended team of subordinates in remote locations (APAC)
3) Responsible for people development, successor plan and organization transformation to adopt changing environment.
2. Routine activities and business support:
1) Accounting practice review and compliance control
2) Lead local team to complete Business Unit month end close.
3) Prepare and submit reporting package to external reporting team (APAC)
4) Manage Japan month end close thru cooperation with APAC Finance team resources.
5) Operation review to understand the reconciliation status and risks and to identify actions needed
6) Monthly/Quarterly Balance Sheet review with Japan/APAC CFO and Corporate Chief Accountant
3. Audit and other statutory items:
1) Group audit support
2) Quarterly disclosure reporting
3) Local statutory filing for all Japan legal entities
4) Special Ledger maintenance
5) Collaboration with Tax team
1. Bachelor or above degree. Finance/Accounting education background. CPA/MBA qualification preferred.
2. 8-15 years of professional service working experience in Accounting function; Big 4 or MNC experience is a plus.
3. Proficient written and verbal English skill. (TOEIC score: 800 or above –not required but preferable)
4. Sound communication skills
5. Team work spirit, management skills.
6. ERP knowledge is required (SAP preferred).
7. High level of attention to accuracy and detail.
8. Strong sense of risk awareness.