Company OverviewWorld's Leading European Medical Devices Company
Job DescriptionThe Communication Manager;
- is responsible for corporate branding through constructive positive media relations
- develops the company's public image in Japan as a trustworthy and reliable partner.
- develops and communicates news stories from the company relevant for the media by identifying the right media, messages and concepts for the communication topics and thereafter manages the end-to-end processes.
- drives employee communication of relevant external media exposure by leading to develop communication plan and write messages & presentation stories.
- acts as a communication advisor to management and spokesperson when the need of external communications.
Main Job Tasks:
1) Media relations: Keep up with media landscape, identify key journalists, analyse gap and plan actions to allow us to communicate our stories.
2) Media outreach: independently collaborates closely with internal stakeholders who own the news topics at all levels of the organization in identifying news source and collecting
inputs. Translate our corporate image and brand into a strong Japanese context. Develop the communication plan while working closely with news owner and relevant internal stakeholders, and manage the execution process including necessary communication tool development, booking events/meetings, media monitoring and follow-up. Manage vendor.
3) Press Release: Identify or receive news source, collect relevant information from relevant internal/external stakeholder(s), write releases, circulate for checking, consolidate &
correct based on comments, circulate for sign off, proof reading, develop Q&A, copy and distribute, monitor media and report to relevant internal stakeholders
4) Reputation management: Being a gate-keeper in managing crisis and issues from journalists. Liaise with global team to execute regular reputation survey. Provide feedback the outcome to management team to discuss actions. Ensure a strong company image of the company within Japan
5) News monitoring: Daily check of online and newspapers, choose relevant news and share with relevant internal stakeholders both in the domestic branch and global branches/HQ. Summarise activities periodically to reflect activity level.
6) Internal communications: Identify or receive news source from the owner, write internal news on the company newsletter, coordinate with internal communication team
Bachelor’s degree required. Areas of Communication or journalism preferred but not mandatory.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the area of communication or journalism in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent English skills, written and verbal
- Strong communication channel understanding
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Ability to build internal and external networks
- Strategic and critical thinking.
- High independence, but also collaborative skills