Company OverviewOur client is a well established equity and debt investment platform. They are now in the process of expanding through Asia and Japan is high on their list of priorities. This senior compliance lead is the first hire for Japan and vital for their expansion. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid - senior level compliance professional to take a leading role with a progressive buy side platform.
Job DescriptionAs the first hire on the ground in Japan for our client, you will have the key responsibility of:
* Taking the lead in obtaining two different licenses for our client
* Setting up compliance systems/functions for the Japan office
* Using your experience with relevant regulatory authorities to build a strong relationship between them and our client.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will require skills including the following:
* Native Japanese with strong English communication skills for communication with Head office
* At least 5 years of Business Compliance experience on either the buy or sell side of Finance
* Experience with obtaining relevant licenses from regulatory authorities is not a must, experience in dealing with the FSA is.