Company OverviewOur client is a global leader in back up and data protection solutions to mid- and enterprise-level organizations Their solutions help companies protect, access and use all of their data, anywhere and anytime.
Job Description• As a customer support engineer, assist customers to provide solutions to problems with company software.
• As necessary investigate issues using the remote environment with customers, gather information necessary for debugging
• Investigate problem isolation, and escalate to senior engineers and other departments.
• Regularly communicating with internal and customer contacts to resolve issues.
Requirements• Excellent customer response
• High communication skills
• Consultative approach
• Collaboration in the organization
• Learning ability to master new technologies continuously
• Excellent time management ability and ability to execute in multitasking
• English and Japanese communication skills
• 3 years of experience as a technical support engineer
• Technical experience in the following areas:
• Knowledge of expert-level Windows OS and its components
• Advanced management and problem solving in Linux or UNIX server environment
• Advanced management and problem solving using databases such as Oracle, SQL and DB2
• Understanding of virtualization environments such as VMware, Hyper-V and OpenStack
• Network connectivity, name resolution, performance problem solving
• Performance caused by OS or hardware and problem solving in case of error occurrence
• Understanding lifecycle management concepts of data and information
• Work experiences of e-mails and groupware products
• Cluster environment experience
• Work experience on backup or archive products such as Symantec / Veritas, Dell / EMC, IBM TSM
• Knowledge and experience on SAN and NAS