Company OverviewOur client is a global leader in back up and data protection solutions to mid- and enterprise-level organizations Their solutions help companies protect, access and use all of their data, anywhere and anytime.
Job Description• As a customer support engineer, assist customers to provide solutions to problems with company software.
• As necessary investigate issues using the remote environment with customers, gather information necessary for debugging
• Investigate problem isolation, and escalate to senior engineers and other departments.
• Regularly communicating with internal and customer contacts to resolve issues.
Requirements• 3 years of experience as a technical support engineer
• Must have commercial software support experience.
• Expert level knowledge of Windows OS and its components including clustering
• Advanced management and problem solving in Linux or UNIX server environment
• Advanced management and problem solving using databases such as Oracle, SQL and DB2
• Understanding of virtualization environments such as VMware, Hyper-V and OpenStack
• Good understanding of networking to perform troubleshooting of connectivity and performance issues
• Understand issue isolation techniques to troubleshoot problems triggered by the hardware or operating system
• Highly self-driven and motivated to learn new technologies
• Native level Japanese. Written English communication skills
• Work experiences of e-mails and groupware products
• Work experience on backup or archive products such as Symantec / Veritas, Dell EMC, IBM TSM
• Knowledge and experience with SAN and NAS technologies
• Working experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, O365, and Oracle Cloud