Company OverviewThis company is part of one of the world's leading advisers on business strategy. For their management consulting they partner globally with clients from all sectors to support their businesses. Approaches are customized and combine insight about the companies dynamic and the current market at all organizational levels.
They were founded in 1963 and have over 90 offices in 50 countries.
More specifically, this subgroup specializes in computer science, AI, and deep industry expertise. Their team consists of world-class Data Scientists and Business Consultants.
Job DescriptionThey are looking for a passionate and talented Data Scientist to join their rapidly growing team. In this role, you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and apply data science methods and analytics to real-world business situations across a variety of industries. Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders who are biased toward action, scrappy, and communicative.
• Recent PhD or Master’s Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or other data centric disciplines with 3-8 years of relevant industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions strongly preferred.
• Strong record of extracurricular activity, professional accomplishment, and leadership
• Additional experience in core analytic methods such as predictive modeling, customer segmentation/clustering, network analysis, supply chain optimization, etc.
• Fluency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
• Fluency in Japanese is a must
Additional Job InformationWHO YOU ARE:
• Are comfortable in a client-facing role with the ambition to lead teams
• Can distill complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations
• Are able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
• Love building things and are comfortable working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively (bonus points if you have a software development or DevOps experience)
• Have significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and a proven ability to synthesize complex data; as well as a deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and are able to translate this into business implications for our clients
• Have strong project management skills