Company OverviewFrench multinational information technology (IT) service and consulting company is looking for Desktop Support Specialist (L2)
Job DescriptionEssential Technical Criteria
85% Provides complex technical support, planning and coordination for End User touch points of the distributed computer environment, including desktop, software and hardware installation, support and distribution, and remote access technologies.
• Performs analyzing, diagnosing, installation, and resolution of complex desktop computer, operating system, application software and hardware technologies and associated problems.
• Performs analyzing, diagnosing, installation, and resolution of remote access technologies and associated problems.
• Performs analyzing, diagnosing, coordination and planning of horizontal network cable management processes including installation, moves, adds, changes and repairs.
• Provides complex technical input to the Desktop Services team and assumes a supporting role in selecting and utilizing appropriate tools and techniques for timely service delivery.
• Works independently with little to no direct supervision in analysis, design, and implementation of desktop solutions to fulfill business unit requirements.
• Acts as a technical liaison with user groups and other IT partners for systems support and implementation. Provides an effective interface among users, vendors, IT partners, and consultants in evaluating technical issues and products.
• Responsible for partnering with the business units they support to understand the business impact of support issues.
• Responsible for the analysis, design, and implementation of desktop solutions to fulfill business unit requirements.
• Responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of desktop technology life cycle management processes including technology procurement, refresh and disposition.
• Responsible for project analysis, design, coordination and planning for all technical components of desktop related projects.
• Coordinates schedules and technical work order instructions to contracted labor for installations, moves, adds and changes within the desktop computing environment
• Demonstrates creativity and initiative in problem solving.
10% Complex Technical Documentation/Administrative Tasks
• Technical documentation of hardware/software additions or changes.
• Updates of inventory additions and changes to the inventory database.
• Updates and closures of trouble tickets and service requests.
• Timely labor hour input for billing and management.
5% Training requirements.
• Keeps up-to-date advanced technical skills and knowledge of vendor offerings.
• All other duties as assigned.
Note: Percentages may vary depending on job responsibilities.
• 2+ years of progressive experience in the desktop environment.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Windows desktop operating systems.
• Intermediate knowledge of the Windows Server Operating System and the ability to perform domain related administrative tasks.
• Intermediate knowledge and understanding of LAN environments
• Intermediate knowledge of communication protocols.
• Intermediate knowledge of PC-to-Mainframe access.
• Intermediate knowledge of LAN based E-mail systems (e.g., Outlook, MS Exchange).
• Creativity and advanced problem solving skills that lead to effective solutions to complex and varied problems.
• A demonstrated ability to encourage and model positive cross-team partnerships.
• Advanced ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis of PC hardware, PC operating systems and office automation software, with expert level knowledge in at least one area of specialization.
• Intermediate ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis of network system devices and PC network hardware and client software.
• Must be willing to act as technician interstate for two different sites as and when needed.
• College degree in Business or Computer Science
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Additional Job InformationFeel free to contact: