Finance Business Planning Director in world's leading sportswear brand, English working environment, successor to CFO!
No industry limitation, salary package up to 20M!
As the Finance Director of Business Planning for Japan office, you will lead a team of Finance Managers to drive Japan’s performance management offense. You will be accountable for working cross-functionally to influence a management strategy that will optimize resources against our biggest opportunities, while maintaining a healthy marketplace. You’ll lead a team whose primary accountability will be to measure, plan and manage the financial health of the business. To be effective you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. You won't be afraid to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on when needed, while at the same time partnering cross-functionally as a trusted finance partner to the Japan business and leadership team. Your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact in the business.
1. Oversee in-year full P&L and 18-month rolling Revenue financial forecasts, with focus on enhancing forecast accuracy; including planning for Wholesale & Direct Revenue and Margin, SG&A and overall EBIT/ROS%.
2. Financial commentary for weekly business updates, monthly CFO reviews, and quarterly business reviews.
3. Partner with leadership and cross-functional teams to maintain robust risk and opportunities assessments.
4. Partner & communicate with the Asia-Pacific, Latin-America (APLA) geography business planning team (located in Portland, OR, USA) to share Japan financial forecasts, analysis, risks and opportunities.
5. Partner closely with Japan Demand-Supply-Management (DSM) team to drive alignment between operating and financial plans.
6. Evolve and streamline team processes and tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
7. Coach and develop a diverse team of finance professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a closely related field; CPA or MBA designation or another business-focused master’s degree is preferred
- 8+ years' experience in finance, financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting and/or budgeting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, innovative Retail or consumer products Digital commerce business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create and deliver presentations to senior leadership
- Excellent coaching and leadership skills; ability to create a good working atmosphere with room for professional growth
- Excellent knowledge of strategic planning, budgeting, investment analysis, and economic profit analysis
- Proven experience leading process improvement initiatives, developing analytics to drive decision-making, demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and build robust financial models
Additional Job Information
- Gym sponsorship
- Good work life balance
|Location:||Japan - Tokyo|
|Salary:||15000000 - 20000000 JPY|
|Job Function:||Financial Planning & Analysis|
|Sub-Industry:||Sporting Goods & Outdoor|