Company OverviewWorld's leading energy company
Job Description• Manage local consultation processes and requirements
• Manage external risks and ensure compliance with external legislative requirements
• Provide country specific SME ER/IR advice
• Act as trusted advisor/ offer coaching for front line LMs (formal/informal)
• Develop and leverage relationship with internal Employee Representative bodies
• Translate global ER philosophy to local ER Strategy and plan
• Run proactive interventions aimed at improving quality of leadership/ employee engagement through line managers
• Develop and execute country-specific culture and work environment programmes incl. health and welfare design and application
• Drive and support an inclusive workforce and the overall D& I agenda for the Country
• Manage high-impact or high-risk individual or collective disciplinary, grievance or other ER/IR issues
• Manage mental health of employees.
Requirements▪ HR professionalism – protect our license to operate. Country ER/IR Advisors should be the experts on employee engagement, industrial relations and complex case management: Able to identify and understand local external market trends (economic, political, social) and derives insights to drive an effective long-term ER/IR environment.
▪ Organizational health/capability diagnostic and design skills.
▪ Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills – able to distil key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights.
▪ Influencing skills to effectively manage a broad range of both external and internal stakeholders including 3rd party bodies and government agencies.
▪ Deep subject matter expertise in country-specific ER/IR legislation, regulations, directives, practices and processes
▪ Strong coaching and influencing skills
▪ Knowledge and understanding of global, and location-specific HR policies and processes.
▪ Collaboration/integrative leadership (with other parts of the HR organization)