Company OverviewMy client is an American electronic goods company with a successful business in both Japan and the APAC area as a whole. Their product range covers many different areas and they are a global leader in each field. Due to the success of the business they are expanding rapidly and are hoping to hire someone to join their team either as Finance Manager or Senior Financial Analyst to add immediate value to what is already a dynamic and developing group.
Job DescriptionYou will be supporting the Senior Controlling Manager and will provide key analytical support regarding financial management, planning, budgeting, and variance analysis in order to help profitably grow the business and understand key drivers. Among these is also understanding sales and marketing flows.
Coordinate with all levels of management across functional areas and across multiple business units in order to gather, analyze, and prepare management reports.
- Prepare and analyze variance reports in relation to forecast
- Analyze options for the company to improve on its expenses or business execution
- Analyze and evaluate the company’s operating results and financial position
- Perform product line or project line profitability analysis
- Plan, develop, prepare and maintain company/project budgets
- Forecast accurate and timely cash flow projections, sales projections, capital and expense projections
- Perform monthly reporting duties for executive management review including the Country Controller
- Develop and reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual account, project, customer and cost center performance
- Tracks and reports on key financial activities for the Country Controller
Requirements- Bachelor’s Degree Required; ideally in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- A minimum of 2-5 years of work experience in similar type position
- Bilingual (Business level English and intermediate Japanese)
- Strong analytical and excel skills (Pivot, VLOOKUP, etc.), macro knowledge preferred
- Experience and knowledge of a BI analytic environment preferred