Company OverviewGlobal IT company/ Financial Analyst
Job DescriptionFinancial Analyst
• Lead both multi-year business planning and annual forecasts with detailed financial for business segments and initiatives. Identify opportunity for sales and profit from multiple dimensions, and translate them to action plans with priority calls. Audit business teams’ assumptions and plans. Translate opportunities to business goals, with key inputs which matters to the outputs, identify road-blocks, ensure proper and sufficient action plans are developed, and track the delivery.
• Lead forecast updates to keep managements up to date. Conduct timely reviews with explanation to forecast changes and variance vs. actual, communicate business issues and demand actions to management and business partners.
• There are variety of analysis on demand; pricing, product sourcing strategy, new category or store launches, new business models, co-promotion opportunities and other merchandising strategy.
• For new business and business models, simulate benefit and costs to Amazon, the business partners and our consumers. Support business teams for organization and financial process designs to deliver the idea, obtain the budget and make it happen.
• Conduct overall cost analysis including Retail operating components, Supply Chain and logistics, as well as General and Administration costs.
• With the Supply Chain managements, design the strategy to create a low-cost supply chain, identifies short/long-term opportunities for cost reduction, and works with the Inventory Manager to plan appropriate on-hand inventory levels.
• Partner with other finance teams and multi-functions and develop all weekly and monthly financial close activities, all planning forecasting, and reporting models while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both operations and other business partners.
• Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
• Track and manage budgets and headcounts. Reviews and approve cost/fee structure change proposals and investments.
• 5+ years’ experience as a finance or planning in an organization with world class processes.
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and project analysis (example: business modeling), and data interpretation of business impact and results (example: what-if scenarios).
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once.
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Strong communication skills, both in written and verbal form.
• Ability to present and defend ideas in front of senior and executive leadership.
• Fluent in Japanese(writing, reading, and speaking) and Business English
• MBA and/or CPA and/or CFA desirable, but not required.
• Fluent in Business English.