Company OverviewCapital Markets and Investment Group in the APAC market
Job DescriptionPosition Description
Front office IT Support role that will partner with the Japan Equities business to ensure successful client on boarding and delivery of the Japan Strategy, especially for the non-yen “gai-kabu” product for Japanese domestic clients.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA’s):
• Responsible for gathering business requirements for projects and “gai-kabu” Domestic financial institution client’s Onboarding. Conduct analysis and updating-maintain documents/requirements; work with project managers and development and support teams for implementation solutions.
• Technical support “gai-kabu” Domestic financial institution product user acceptance testing, Includes basic trouble-shooting, in both production and user-acceptance-testing (UAT) environments.
• Manage and track incidents, changes, project tasks and related tickets.
• Perform system’s health and sanity checks.
• Serve as a liaison between IT development, PM and business users.
• Occasional interaction with our buy-side and sell-side clients for requirement gathering.
• On-going support of Japanese Equities front-office technology requirements including basic trouble-shooting, in both production and user-acceptance-testing (UAT) environments, coordinate with technical operations teams.
• Able to work/support with flexible timings (ASEAN based market hours) and support whenever there is urgent requirements outside office hours based on availability.
• Educate peers and management about Japan-specific requirements
• Previous exposure to Equity trading front office system workflows. Cash Equities is preferred but experience with listed derivatives will be considered favourably
• Assist with Japan audit related work whenever required.
Strong communication skills in Japanese (Native or similar, including reading/writing) and English (Business) are mandatory.
Previous exposure to front office trading systems and domestic client reporting is strongly preferred. Cash Equities is the current focus but experience with equity derivatives and/or fixed-income products will be considered favourably.
Experience with systems technical support, incident troubleshooting and problem resolution, ensuring currency of production and user-acceptance-
testing (UAT) environments, and other general application related support tasks.
Experience with programming language excel-VBA macros, Oracle Database queries and Linux shell/scripting. Other programming languages is a plus.
Experience of managing projects (gathering requirements, analysis & documentation).
Detail-oriented, structured thinker with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and provide accurate and clear information to production and development teams located outside of Japan.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers, Compliance & regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to read, analyse and interpret large technical specifications from local stock exchanges and trading partners written in Japanese language.
Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people across a wide range of skills and competencies.
Other key factors for success in this role:
Ability to gather, analysis requirements and deliver IT solutions to support the business
Ability to increase trading efficiency, capacity and reliability of systems
Ability to co-ordinate deliveries with other regional IT groups
Ability to work efficiently & smoothly with other team members
Methodic thinking and attention to details
Past experience in a client-facing, business analysis and Front office support position
Knowledge of trade life cycle and exposure to equities cash and derivatives a plus.
Additional Job InformationKey Contacts:
Dealers, Sales Traders & related support functions (Middle & Back-Office, Compliance, etc.)
Internal IT teams
Japan Management Team whenever required
Exchanges & PTS
Securities Regulators & related partners (FSA, JSDA, SESC, JASDEC, etc…)
Occasional client side IT.