|職名||Full Stack Developer|
|勤務地||Japan - Tokyo|
Large multinational Insurance firm originally from America
Full Stack Developer
As a full stack developer, you will work with the UX and DevOps teams to design web frameworks that will enable rapid innovation and experimentation.
We’re a strong team of product-oriented developers, so we don’t just write code - we’re always looking at the impact we have on users and we measure it obsessively. We’re using cutting edge technology combined with great methodologies around Continuous Integration & Deployment. Our teams believe in fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Who’s a great match for us?
• A highly-motivated developer with experience in development, design and architecture.
• We’re using Lean Startup methodologies, which means we’ll need you to be agile and data-driven too.
• Full-stack developers who are passionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning new technology.
An ideal candidate for this role will have experience with Public Cloud (AWS) as well as development experience with languages including: Node, Python, PHP etc. and web frameworks like React, Angular, Play, Bootstrap etc. One of the most important qualities the candidate must possess is a thirst to learn and the creativity to innovate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with UX team to design web frameworks that will enable rapid experimentation
• Extensive experience with Multivariate or A/B testing, driven by analytics
• Lead/Guide engineering efforts to improve customer experience.
• ‘Fast-follow’ mentality to bring in industry trends and best practices for rapid internal innovation.
• Strong ability to see the 'big picture' and able to implement strategies that align for success in meeting the department goals
• Effectively manages day to day activities across multiple projects
• Maintains a manner of leadership and flexibility that diffuses pressure and promotes a positive team atmosphere.
• Staying abreast of new technologies and running internal and external POCs
• Identify the tools and techniques needed to produce scalable and reliable architectures, from continuous delivery and DevOps to Microservices
• At least 5 years (8 years is preferred) in full-stack software development position
• Excellent technical analysis and problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with an audience
• Experience developing software in an Agile Scrum environment
• Possess enough technical knowledge to engage developers and solution architects across the organization to deliver a solid technical design.
• Must have experience in leading and managing complex and concurrent project engagements on time and within agreed budgets
• Good working knowledge about Microservices, APIs, and database technologies
• Understanding Agile development practices, including TDD & SCRUM
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• Good understanding of ReactJS, AngularJS, KnockoutJS
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Hands-on experience in executing AWS-based cloud implementations and their various services such as EC2, S3, SNS, RDS, Redshift, etc.
• Web application development for intranet and internet
• Object oriented programming
• Applying design patterns
• Knowledge in Data Analysis & Logical Data Modelling
• Great experience with server-side technologies like Java or NodeJS and modern tools to build RESTful web services
• Experience in Mobile platform architecture and highly scalable solutions deployed on public cloud
• Knowledge of theory and Principals of project management desired
• Knowledge and understanding EA practices
• Experience as a technical leader