Company OverviewGlobal B2B2C Company
Job DescriptionPosition Name: Head of Sales
Work Location: Tokyo, Japan
About the Role
Manage the Consumer Sales function, which consists of Mass Sales, Luxury Sales, and Central Sales teams. Lead the Sales strategy development and execution – Route to Market, Key Account management, Demand Planning, Trade marketing, Strategic Revenue Management, and Sales Capability building. (S)he closely works with marketing, finance, supply chain, order management, and call center to drive business growth and lead initiatives success via cross-function collaboration.
In addition, as a member of the Japan Consumer Leadership Team, co-lead short-to-long term growth strategy development and execution, organization & people development, and team engagement.
As a people leader, (recruit and on-board, when necessary,) grow and engage Marketing talent. It is critical for him/her to play a role model of *******’s Leadership. Your Team
This position will manage 5 direct reports + 10 indirect reports. What You Will Do 1. Directly own Consumer Sales strategies and Central Sales team (3 FTE)
• Deeply understand the Japan consumer audio market, including industry practice, sales channels, trade relationships, and shopper insights.
• Drive sales strategy development, such as RtM (Route to Market) or channel strategies, KAM (Key Account Management) and SRM (Strategic Revenue Management)
• Step up ‘Selling Stories’ for new product launch and/or category development based on trade and shopper insights. Engage sales team, and well equip them to effectively deliver selling stories to buyers.
• Own Trade Marketing (your direct report) to realize our ideal instore execution with focus on urban Consumer Electronic chains by leveraging our third party rounders.
• Own Demand Forecast with a data analyst (your direct report) based on sales, marketing, and market inputs, and commit to continuously improve Forecast Accuracy.
• Build Sales capabilities, proactively exploring sales tools in ******* global network as well as local expertise. Assess capability gaps, and implement critical ones in an engaging, effective way. 2. Manage the Mass Sales team (1 mgr + 7 sales reps) for mainly JBL mass portfolio
• Lead and manage the mass sales team through a sales manager to deliver the Sales Target and KPI. Make each sales rep to be accountable for the plan, track sales progress, and conduct PDCA cycle through the year.
• Manage Sales Discount (rebate, price protection, center fee, etc.) by closely working
with finance. Need to cultivate SRM/ROI mind-set and implement annual planning and
• Manage the third-party rounders and promoters based on agreed target and KPI.
• Explore new big business development opportunities.
3. Manage the Luxury Sales team (1 mgr + 3 sales) for mainly JBL/Mark Levinson luxury portfolio
• Lead and manage the luxury sales team through a sales manager to deliver the Luxury
Sales Target and KPI. Make each sales rep to be accountable for the plan, track sales
progress, and conduct PDCA cycle through the year.
• Continue to blush up the Audio Specialty channel strategy and challenge status quo in
the conventional environment; discretionally invest in winning stores, whilst consolidating
dealers to reach to many small stores in regions.
• Explore new channel opportunities to sell our Luxury products beyond Audio Specialty
and Consumer Electronic channels.
4. As a member of Japan Consumer Leadership Team:
• Co-lead mid-to-long term vision and strategies and plans.
• Own short-term business acumen to deliver the annual operation plan
• Co-create Organization/WoW design, talent pipeline, and team engagement.
• Drive an engaging, collaborative culture as a role model.
5. Highly commit to developing talent:
• When necessary, recruit and on-board new talent.
• Grow Sales Talent through Performance Management (PM), including career
discussion, Role & Responsibility clarification, annual performance objective setting &
KPI review, and on-going coaching.
• Engage with your team, building the high-performance collaboration.
employee engagement survey.
• Proactively manage own succession planning.
What You Need
• University bachelor’s degree is must.
• Native-level Japanese and business-level English
• BtC Sales experience more than 10 years
• Solid people management track record
• Naturally hold ‘Trust and Integrity’
• Relationship building with trade customers experience at the senior level and/or the
top-to-top level in Japan
• Key Account Management experience
• Trade Marketing and/or Demand Planning experience in central sales or equivalent
Additional Job InformationWhat is Nice to Have
• Confident, self-motivated with ability to work autonomously multi-tasks
• ‘Positive, open, and fun’ leadership mindset; enjoy diversified business challenges and
complexity in the multi-national company, and be open to change in the fast-changing
• Commitment to driving results. Analytical and insightful
• Strong team player with high sensitivi