Company OverviewA leading market intelligence company from Europe.
Job DescriptionThe Head of Sales North Asia is a senior commercial and strategic leader in our business responsible for leading, inspiring and coaching a team of strategic, key and regional account managers as well as business development managers in delivering profitable growth and exceeding targets within our Korean and Japanese markets. This person will manage a team of eight based in Seoul (S. Korea) and Tokyo (Japan).
The Head of Sales, North Asia is responsible for defining, developing and delivering on short- and long-term commercial strategies to address key market opportunities and differentiate our company, enhancing customer and prospect engagement and results via go-to-market excellence.
As a senior member of the sales function, the role will provide a key leadership role across the business and will be required to input into business strategy and identify and nurture key customer stakeholders.
As the leader in the region, responsibilities include embedding customer-centricity across our company and being a customer champion, driving insight and best practices across the organization.
• Creating a high-performance sales function that will differentiate our company via commercial excellence to capture market share and deliver customer value.
• Drive higher and deeper industry relationships and support our company transition to strategic partner in alignment with our vision.
• Set, lead and deliver account business strategies for the various tiers that translates into account based strategic plans
• Set, lead and deliver new business sector focused strategies for the acquisition of new customers in both Japan and Korea.
• Responsible for exceeding financial and wider business objectives for both account management and net new acquisition.
• Hire, lead, develop, inspire and motivate your team to deliver against regional, business and team objectives by role modelling world class behaviors and hold self and others to account
• Deployment of resource into areas of best impact to execute on market strategy
• Increase both customer and employee satisfaction, engagement, mission impact, loyalty, innovation and revenue.
• Develop a deep understanding of customer workflow, market trends, competitive activity, opportunity and threats
Requirements• Significant experience in commercial execution of B2B sector, preferably in petrochemical/energy markets but open for other industries
• A strong track record of driving growth and new business to exceed financial and other business objectives
•Fluency in Japanese and English languages. Korean language fluency is a plus but not mandatory
• Experienced in working cross-functionally to create high performance organizations
• Well versed in creating and developing sales strategies to maximize go-to-market resource and execute against market opportunity
• Extensive experience of C level commercial negotiations
• Passionate about a world-class customer experience
• Proven track record of leading teams in value based, customer-centric buying methodologies and exceeding objectives and financial goals
• Proven at identifying, hiring and developing high performing talent and managing under performance
• Champion diversity and representation across as well as leading proactive succession planning and talent management to improve customer outcomes
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form and ability to collaborate, influence and manage remotely to work with other business functions and geographies
• Ensure best practice and sales governance and adherence of self and team to all relevant policies and procedures