Company OverviewGlobal Biotech - rapid growth environment!
Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Deskside Supporter (Lead, JP)
BUDGET: Base = 6m-10m + Target Bonus and LTI Bonus
CLIENT: Global Biotech Firm
REPORTS TO: Global Head of User Support and Lab Engineering
LOCATION: Shiodome, Minato-Ku
About The Client:
This client is an international biotechnology company specializing in the invention and development of differentiated human antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other human diseases.
The Deskside Supporter is the front line to help our client with their IT issues in Tokyo, Japan. The supporter will provision devices to their colleagues in Japan and help resolve the tickets and requests raised. It’s key that you are customer focused and is passionate about helping your colleagues to have a great user experience.
You will be part of the community of Deskside Supporters at our clients’s offices in Denmark, Netherlands and USA, in which you help secure high standards and best practices as well as adoption of the technologies we implement.
You will be reporting to the Global Head of User Support and Lab Engineering.
• Process incoming service desk tickets from the IT Service desk.
• Provide effective guidance on any standard software and hardware
• Provide Global IT support and advice
• Support both office and field based Japan colleagues
• Installation of client equipment
• Configure, deploy and maintain end user devices
• Manage assets of both Hardware and Software
• Assist in Change management activities
• Software deployment
• Maintain and provide user guidance to local IT equipment
• Application support
• Document and share solutions with the global IT team
• Keep track of repair items including communication with end users and vendors.
• Ensure IT support coverage in opening hours together with the team.
• Support internal projects anchored in IT Operations.
• Also, the employee shall support ongoing activities within Digital Workplace
• Moreover, the employee shall support in company relocation activities
The Employee shall also render such other related services and duties as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by his/her supervisor.
• Trained IT Supporter, Engineer, or related technical field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Deskside Supporter, IT consulting firm, or similar
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a client-facing environment
• Industry experience from Pharmaceutical/biotech industry is an advantage
• Familiarity with GxP compliance and Data Privacy regulations would be a plus
• Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
• Excellent investigative and technical skills
• Excellent written, verbal and communication in Japanese.
• Strong oral and written English skills as English is the global language