As a desktop services infrastructure engineer, you’ll select, design, provision, maintain, and support our client's engineering and business operation desktop + laptop fleet so that their team have what they need, when they need it, securely.
You will be working in a Infrastructure team delivering day to day services and providing expertise where required.
Main duties include:
- Supporting Linux and Windows desktop environments across product engineering, sales engineering, and business operations teams.
- Select and deploy new applications as required to keep the company functioning smoothly.
- Secure desktop and laptop environments against threats with both in-campus and remote work in mind.
- Working closely with colleagues in your team so that they can provide backup support for you and you can provide backup support for them when required.
- Minimum 2 years operational experience in enterprise desktop provision and support, including participation in change management and incident response.
- Fluent technical English.
- Experience with Linux and Windows desktop user support and administration.
- Troubleshooting and technical reasoning ability.
- Good interpersonal skills, approachable, patient.
- Experience with desktop provisioning (such as system imaging, provisioning scripts, sysprep, provisioning networks, etc.)
- Familiarity with desktop security (disk encryption, mail encryption, credential storage, and common user behaviours.)
- Technical discernment necessary to appropriately escalate and coordinate support cases.
- Strong persistence and desire to find and eliminate root causes.
- Understanding of enterprise security constraints, design, and implementation as applied to user desktops.
Experience participating in an enterprise support coverage path or on-call rotation as tier 1-3 support.
Strong technical Japanese.
Experience using host-based security and configuration control.
Experience with ITIL (or similar) processes.
Experience administering Office365 and/or enterprise Windows licensing.
Familiarity with hardware security measures (TPM, smart card authentication, etc.)
Familiarity with Docker.
Previous experience in startup companies and/or technology product companies.