Company OverviewLeading E-commerce company
Job DescriptionCorporate IT End-point Engineer
The Corporate IT Department is looking for a self-motivated individual who possesses excellent communication skills, is process driven, and is willing to learn new technologies to serve as a Desktop and Mobile computing administrator. In this role, Device Administrators will work in a dynamic environment to support Mac OS X, Windows, and Mobile Operating Systems like Android and iOS.
Device Administrators also provide technical support on end user device hardware, and installs, configures and troubleshoots devices including desktops, laptops and tablets. You will be required to administer tools including anti-virus, End-point detection response, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Apple product management tool and more.
High level expertise for Windows, Mac or Android is required
• Provides technical services of reported problems with desktop, laptop, tablet and network systems.
• Ensures that desktop support (including OS installation, upgrades, software installation, hardware, and other configuration issues) are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved.
• Supports a broad range of devices including: monitors, PCs (Mac and Windows), mobile devices, and tablets.
• Accountable for communicating and working with the customer to resolve key issues.
• Understands his or her own personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets. Takes appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security.
• Follow Company HQ policies, professional standards, and performs work in a manner respectful of others.
• Be mindful of internal process to identify not only external issues but places where team improvements can be made.
• Drive issues to resolution even when resources outside of the team are required. This includes (on occasion) aggressively pursuing a resolution vigorously to get things done. The goal should be to solve the issue’s root cause with more than just a Band-Aid but in a correct manner.
• Be aware of cost and ROI (Return of investment), user satisfaction, and how to empower internal employees as customers.
• Desktop computer installation and repair, basic computer networking skills, experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
• Associate’s Degree or above required or equivalent experience
• Basic knowledge of Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS.
• Japanese is business level
• Interpersonal and customer-service skills necessary to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
• Ability to learn and apply new skills and concepts quickly
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Analytical skills necessary to understand IT terminology and concepts; well-versed in at least one area of technology and working to gain knowledge in another.
• Problem solving and project management skills used to handle issues independently to provide contacts with appropriate service.
• Working knowledge of desktop operating systems and office automation applications.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Experience with Active Directory.
• Experience with OS deployment using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit or SCCM with Windows ADK.
• Experience with desktop administration, such as OS patching and software upgrades.
• Experience with Mac OS X administration.
• Experience with Linux client administration (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.).