Company OverviewInternal Audit Manager role at global Technology company (12-15mJPY): Great opportunity to join an internationally leading business and work with some of the brightest Finance and Accounting leaders in the APAC region. You will report directly to the CFO and be a key partner in APAC communication and problem solving. This will be hands on role with an excellent pathway to an international role if desired.
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Review and develop the standard policies and procedures to ensure business activities are in line with the Company Conduct.
• Lead and coordinate with statutory auditors, in risk identification, assessment and mitigation and update on company control environment.
• Lead and coordinate division, sales branch internal audit, J-SOX, etc. including reporting.
• Support management to strengthen effective business and financial controls and risk management.
• Support HQ internal audit team conduct internal audit or other investigations for Japan
• Timely follow up audit action items until closure.
• Provide support to the leadership team to improve efficiency of operating processes and to strengthen financial control and operating procedure design and compliance
• Establish the Control platform, create control environment across the organization, promote control awareness and build up control sense of the organization.
• Drive and monitor the policies and procedures deployment and carry out the necessary training (internally and externally), keep track of the compliance.
• Maintain and update delegation of authority.
-Support other functions on other ad-hoc control-related matters.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Risk identification, assessment and mitigation and acts as a consultant to process owners in developing processes and identifying key control points.
Requirements• Over 15 years of working experience with 10+ years of experience in business control and/ or auditing (both external but more importantly internal)
• Capability of working with Leadership Team, and other business leaders with a demonstrated ability to influence through logical argument, personal credibility and assertiveness.
• Capability of at cross-functional working relationships outside of Finance
• Ability to work effectively with all levels and functions
• Good communication and presentation skills - verbal and written in Japanese and English.
• Good understanding of accounting principles and internal control principles.
• Disciplined, highly self-motivated and result-oriented; able to work independently and with own/cross functional teams to accomplish commitments.
• Working experience at global environment, with global team(s), and/or in mixed cultures
• Sound IT skills - particularly in flowcharting, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation packages.
• Strategic thinking with strong analytical skill, able to see the big picture.
• Willingness to work with a flexible schedule, and occasional travel.
• Ability to develop and elevate the standard of processes and controls awareness.
Good to have:
- CPA / MBA / CIA
- Strong business acumen and commercial knowledge
- People management
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firm
- SAP skills