Company OverviewLeading International Biopharma company looking for a Legal Director
Job Description- supporting compliance and collegial teamwork;
- oversee and manage legal and compliance teams;
- draft, review, negotiate and manage contracts and other legal documents;
- perform due diligence on potential third party vendors;
- ensure appropriate and compliant interactions all parties;
- proactively detect legal issues, conduct legal research, and provide compliant solutions;
- counsel internal customers on legal issues and provide support as business partner;
- respond to government inquiries and investigations, and other contingencies;
- assist in resolving disputes by settlement, arbitration or litigation;
- cooperate with and supervise outside counsel in connection with specific assignments;
- assist the Business Conduct / compliance function in implementing new initiatives and enforcing the Company’s Business Conduct / compliance program;
- support the periodic updating of policies, procedures, training, monitoring and auditing
- obtain information on the latest trends and developments of pharmaceutical regulations and provide advice and training to employees;
- act as legal representative on compliance related committees
- where needed run investigations on non-compliance cases.
Requirements- Written and spoken Japanese and English fluency.
- Bar admission in Japan or a common law jurisdiction.
- Law degree from a Japanese university and an internationally recognized
university in a common law jurisdiction.
- 6+ years of relevant private practice and/or in-house experience including
significant experience with compliance and transactions in the biotechnology or
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal documents.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.