Company OverviewTop European beauty company
Job DescriptionFor Job Board:
This position is key to our Japan business. We are looking for a strong, independent & enthusiastic expert in make-up formulation and development to join our Innovation team in Japan.
The selected incumbent shall oversee the delivery of the next best and first in class Face Makeup products & experiences to our consumers' increasingly sophisticating beauty needs.
English is used often in daily operation to work together with multinational colleagues in Japan and Asia.
- Launch New & Superior Face Makeup products, develop Liquid Foundation, Cushions, Primers, Concealers, etc. by transforming upstream cutting-edge innovations into successful & timely launches within our company's Top Global Brands. Superior products & experiences that are hi-performing not only technically but also as perceived & desired by consumers.
- Courageously Lead as Project Technical Leader, by collaborating with diverse, multifunction teams to ensure consumers’ beauty needs & desires are met with high standards of safety, quality & performance - within challenging cost, sustainability, regulatory, intellectual property & manufacturing requirements.
- Influence business decisions & strategies by co-planning & executing tests / products evaluations, deeply interpreting & effectively communicating its results. Unleash your creativity in spotting surprisingly-obvious insights & connecting-the-dots.
- Safeguard our Face Makeup product superiority & leadership via robust competitive landscaping & products evaluations. Be on top of your game by keeping an eye on what’s hot & what’s going to be the next big thing in beauty.
- Co-build a solid organization by proactively contributing to various organizational roles such as EHS, Quality, continuous improvement initiatives & sharing both internal/external learnings into the organization & across hub
RequirementsWhat you need to be successful in this position:
- Degree in Fields of Science Engineering, solid background in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and related fields with lab & research experience.
- More than 3 - 5 years’ experience* in R&D within Cosmetics or related Consumer Goods, formulation + product development experience in some of technologies in emulsions, pigments, surfactant, materials interaction (eg. packaging). *Fresh Graduates with research + lab experience in Cosmetic Formulations are welcome.
- English & Japanese Language Skills, to effectively communicate in a diverse, multinational/multicultural environment based in Japan.
- Sharp Communication & Presentation skills, to effectively deliver accurate message, minimizing ambiguity while being sensitive to tone, context, situation & audience