Company OverviewA leading data tracking technology & manufacturing company from USA.
Job DescriptionJapan Market Development Manager
This is a key position to our Japan business. We are seeking self-motivated, strong Market Development Manager who can drive top line growth and developing new business opportunities utilizing a full suite of our company’s innovative data tracking solution, focusing on logistic & supply chain fulfillment in Japan market.
This senior position is based in Tokyo and will partner closely with the Commercial, Product Development and Innovations teams to identify and evaluate opportunities that convert into new or incremental business.
• In summary, the key function of this Position is broadly defined as follows:
• Identify, assess, develop and manage new programs and new business opportunities in the Japanese Logistics and Fulfillment space leading to successful commercialization efforts.
• Own responsibility for execution and sales results for logistic solutions, by connecting with broader commercial front end team
• Define our company’s data tracking solution for Logistics space including product requirements and its application processes at source
• Incorporate knowledge of the industry to partner with stakeholders to develop market right products, support materials & pricing recommendations across our company’s data tracking solutions.
• Work with prospective customers to identify unmet needs, and present compelling solutions.
• Develop and support customer pilots, ensuring success
• Initiate, determine, and present ROI business case analysis.
• Stay abreast of industry trends by attending trade shows, events and staying on top of market insights as well as global logistics trends.
• Surface new ideas, product applications and solutions to development teams
• Communicate and link key value propositions, differentiators to customer with product development solutions set
• Craft customized go-to-market strategies for regions and individual customers
• Develop long-term business opportunities.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with business partners at the customers’ orgs and across the METI initiative, as appropriate
• Collaborate with other business units to evaluate volume, identify trends, ensure quality.
• Identify innovation opportunities to drive a fit for purpose data tracking tagging solution
• Ability to develop go-to market strategy, as well as execute activities in cross functional matrix structure
• 5+ years of experience in business development, consulting, project management, or sales
• Have a solid understanding of finance and ROI analysis.
• A demonstrated track record in developing and executing new business opportunities.
• Excellent interpersonal, written communications, and organizational skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field preferred.
• Speaks fluent Japanese and strong English language skills
• Travel expectation of up to 30%
Additional (good to have)
• Knowledge of sales to the logistics and fulfillment industry in Japan is a big plus
• Knowledge of key logistic and warehouse management technologies and understanding of the major vendors serving the Japan market.