Company OverviewMarketing Director (Hematology/Oncology)
Job DescriptionMarketing Director (Hematology/Oncology)
SUPERVISOR: Business Unit Director, Hem/Onc Japan
The Director of Hematology/Oncology Marketing is a key member of the commercial brand team responsible for the strategic leadership to successfully drive sales growth in current indications and help determine strategy for future indications. He/she leads the commercial team to achieve a common corporate goals & objectives by insuring delivering “results” through excellence in executions. He/she is also responsible for supporting Clinical team in regards to commercial assessment of new compound developments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Leading the marketing for assigned brand / indication, developing annual operating plans and customer based plans including financial forecasts and analysis.
2. Leading the commercial team to execute the annual plans and achieve the set goals.
3. Provide leadership to the brand team members, including coaching, motivating, advising and developing team members.
4. Provide marketing direction at all stages of development and decision-making; including proposed markets, positioning, forecasting, pricing strategies, Phase III/IV projects, life-cycle management and scientific / promotional communications.
5. Managing annual promotional budgets, conducting ROI assessments of tactical programs and ensuring proper execution through the field force or non-field based approaches.
6. Works with sales management, legal, regulatory, medical to ensure appropriate understanding and implementation of the product strategies.
7. Monitoring the competitive environment and customer base to quickly identify and implement plan changes.
8. Lead the development/management of relationships with key professional and patient advocacy organizations.
9. Develop and deliver presentations for management and internal and external audiences including senior management.
10. Leadership role in all co-promotions, secondary products marketed by current team.
Direct responsibility covers
⚫ Product Marketing
⚫ Market Research
⚫ Business Planning & Analysis
⚫ Advocacy Management
⚫ Public Relations
▪ Proven track record of effective people management including to strive for the best.
▪ Must demonstrate “agility” to lead culture of dynamic & fast-growing working environment.
▪ Must demonstrate ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate.
▪ Effective communication at all times. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations.
▪ Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
▪ Strong project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to
▪ Must be able to conceptualize and articulate a vision for self and brand that energizes all functional areas and stakeholders.
▪ Proven team player with ability to navigate cross functionally.
▪ Ability to interact with, influence and provide direction to field sales personnel.
▪ Successful candidate should have at least 10 years industry experience with 6-8+ years of marketing experience, and 3 years of Hematology/Oncology experience.
▪ High English proficiency in both written and oral communications