Job DescriptionMedical Science Liaison (MSL, Ophthalmology)
Job DescriptionMedical Expert Engagement
• In collaboration with the cross-functional team, ensure appropriate identification, mapping and engagement of Medical Experts and study investigators in alignment to Integrated product strategy (IPS).
• Provide and discuss medical, scientific and health care and outcome research evidence on new treatment options, the company's compounds, products, therapeutic and research areas with key HCPs (e.g. external Medical Experts, researchers, key patient care providers) and relevant stakeholders involved in patient treatment decisions.
• Upon unsolicited requests for information from HCPs, present data on the products, this may include internally Globally approved information on compounds in development with no approved indications.
• Involve HCPs when a need is identified to provide support / advice / participate in specific medical and scientific activities e.g. advisory boards, education of HCPs, publications, etc. Scientific Research Support.
• Provide scientific education and share information about the clinical research program to identify potential study sites and support study accrual for key trials as appropriate.
• Provide feasibility and research site recommendation for the company sponsored clinical trials.
• Upon investigator request, liaise between potential researcher and the Company on IIT submission process or requests for research grade substance (Material Transfer Agreements) to support independent clinical / preclinical research. Scientific Exchange/Insights.
• Conduct scientific exchange to advance understanding of new scientific principles, novel research trends, and current scientific debate.
• Provide scientific and educational information to HCPs on specific patient critical issues. • Collect insights from HCPs to inform and shape medical strategy.
• Serves as local medical resource for disease area and compound/product training to the field colleagues (e.g. sales reps, CRAs).
• Contribute to shape the IPS plan proactively providing external stakeholders’ insights and contribute to the design and execution and the Medical Affairs strategy and plan.
• Scientific background is required.
• Bachelor of Science is minimum required. Advanced degree (Masters, PharmD, PhD, DVM etc) is preferred. Business level Japanese requires Business level English is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required, including ability to effectively communicate medical data/concepts.
• Ability to build network and partner with all types of HCPs.
• Enough knowledge and capability of scientific activity.
• Must be able to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• Must have the ability to gain customer feedback, uncover opportunities for the company and pair customer's unmet needs with available internal resources.
• Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments.