Currently seeking a Merchandise Planner to help grow and support our businesses.
The successful candidate will work closely with buyers to analyze business trends in order to build effective merchandise purchase plans.
In addition, they will work with merchandising and finance team to communicate in-season merchandise and financial strategies.
- Perform insightful analysis of sales results that lead to actionable future strategies
- Make recommendations on price reductions that maximize profit and sell-through
- Forecast Sales, Gross Margin, and Inventory vs. Plan by sale / category
- Manage Open-to-Buy by division by department to align inventory with sales expectations
- Developing Pre-Season Sales, Margin, and Inventory Plans by division by month
- Build strategic merchandise purchasing plans by working closely with buyers and utilizing available historical comparisons
- Support the development, implementation, and execution of new business processes and Technology
- 3-4 years of analytical work experience (Business, Economics, Banking, Analysis)
- Language: Business proficiency in both English and Japanese
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding of merchandising financials and principles of profitability
- Self-starter, capable of independent work with limited guidance, initiative
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to deadlines and expectations
- Superior interpersonal skills, supports a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with presenting in a variety of settings
- Superior time and project management skills
Location: Tokyo, Japan
RGF HR Agent Japan
Consultant, Supply Chain