Company OverviewLuxury fashion house that makes men's clothing and accessories.
Job Description• Analysing past sales figures/trends to anticipate future product
• Devising a merchandising plan using the above
• Communicating the merchandising plan to the buyer, who can then decide what products, styles, colours etc. to purchase from which suppliers at what
• Devising a contract for the suppliers, including quality control, accuracy and flexibility, which is done throughout the season.
• Allocating certain amounts of stock to each outlet throughout the season, to minimise unnecessary stock holdings for maximum budgetary
• Once the products are distributed and put on sale, the retail planner can then monitor stock movement, consider markdowns, inter-branch transfers, promotions or
• Liaising with the store manager(s) and interior designer(s) to ensure the products are presented to potential customers in the most attractive manner possible.
Requirements• Experience forecasting, managing receipts and total open-to-buy required
• 7+ years of experience in retail buying/planning; Jewelry/Accessory experience a plus
• Analytical ability and proficiency in retail math and inventory management
• High level of experience using Excel and other tools to analyze a business to drive results
• 4 Year College degree required; B.S Degree in Retail Merchandising or Business preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, including prioritization, planning, task delegation and communication of big picture
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow up are critical
• 2-3+ years of experience managing a team
• Ability to communicate complex issues, risks and opportunities in easily understood and concise manner, with specific and complete information; •Communicates 360 degrees, altering communication styles to meet audience need
• Strong leader with experience in supporting and growing a multi-channel organization; ability to excel as strategic and/or hands on leader and adapt as needed
Additional Job InformationIf interested, please contact RGF Hr consultant Keziah Aguila at: