Company OverviewOperation Manager at Global BPO Company
Job DescriptionThis role is responsible for coaching and supervising a group of Operations Managers and/or Team Leaders. This position is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships, meeting service level agreements and achieving financial expectations.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Maintain and grow revenue of program(s); responsible for profitability including revenue, margins, billing, seat utilization and retention
• Ensures program has proficient training, staff development, and effective employee relation/recognition programs
• Selecting, training, developing, and managing performance of direct reports and their associates; including planning and assigning work for staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable legal requirements
• Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports to ensure consistent administration of company policies and standards; define and implement any corrective actions needed to meet operational performance
• Analyze and maintain all Client Service Level Agreements; implement improvement plans as needed
• Ensure that the operations is in compliance with active contracts
• Oversee client relationships; facilitate open communications, understand client perspectives/expectations, and monitor client satisfaction
• Partnering with Business Development to leverage and expand new business from client(s)
• Conduct regular one-on-ones with direct reports to review individual performance, the performance of their teams and offer on-going developmental support
• Create a positive work environment through employee engagement; resolve employee relation issues in a professional and timely manner
• Participate in cross functional meetings to review information received from operational support functions - Training, HR, Quality, WFM, TA.- and partner to define action plans that resolve issues and drive continuous improvement
• Maintain relationships with strategic vendors in order to facilitate open communications, understand changing technologies and stay abreast of industry trends
• Participate in opportunity review calls for new business and facilitate site visits from potential clients, keep up to date through trade shows, industry events, and related activities
Requirements• Currently reside in Japan
• High proficiency in both English and Japanese
• Experiences as management at Call Center or IT Technical Support Center.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and improve work processes; establish a course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement
• Demonstrated ability to foster customer service disposition and sense of professionalism for self and team
Additional Job InformationCareer Framework Role
•Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff.
•Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units.
•Recommends operational objectives and develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
•Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility.
•Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
•Develops and administers performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. They evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.