Company OverviewSuper Innovative, Fast Growing Global Technology Company from UK
Job DescriptionThis role will play a key role in facilitating effective communication between Japanese and UK based team members from across project teams.
● Written translation, principally from English to Japanese but also Japanese to English, that effectively conveys the intended business meaning of the content.
● Verbal interpretation, in both directions which is principally consecutive but may also be simultaneous.
● Critical review of completed translations to judge quality and provide feedback to freelance linguists.
● Ensure that day-to-day practicalities of linguistic support (e.g. equipment, video calls) run smoothly.
● Build, maintain and support a pool of high-quality freelance linguists, which evolves to meet the changing needs of the Japan business.
● Project Management of multiple simultaneous translation/interpretation requests from business stakeholders.
● Management and upkeep for the Translation Memory platform, Japanese section only.
● Enable efficient completion of, and provide direct support to, office administration matters
● Potentially, support with UX development including input on displaying the Japanese language.
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request.
Requirements● Native level of Japanese
● Fluency in English
● Professional localisation / linguistics experience
● Good verbal and written communication skills
● Ability and flexibility to work under pressure, tight deadlines and shifting schedules
● Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
● Eye for detail and a natural inclination towards accuracy
● Fast learner, and motivated by learning
Additional Job InformationEmployee Benefits
● 25 days annual leave rising to 27 after 5 years service
● Life Assurance 3 x annual salary
● Private Medical Insurance including Digital GP
● Income protection
● Company Sickness Benefit
● Employee Discount
● Employee Assistance Programme
● Various Share Schemes.
● Equal Opportunity Employer