Company OverviewOne of the world's top beauty company of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products.
Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities:
[Execution of QC Lab Testing]
• Monitor Critical Control Parameters (lab process water, pH, balance) through daily equipment verification checks and alert QC lab manager of any out of trend events
• Conduct basic routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, mass and finished goods (labs to define specific examples) and interpret results. This includes responsibility for sample preparation, sample analysis, sample reporting, processing of test results, entering results into SAP/LIMS, preparation of CoA, and sample disposition.
• Conduct environmental monitoring testing and validation.
[Testing Data Review & Release]
• Review of routine/non-routine supporting test data and results, including sample preparation records, logbooks, calculations, and data sheets. Enter results in SAP/LIMS, as needed.
• Release of raw materials, non-OTC mass, and cosmetic FGs in the laboratory.
[SOP Development & Training]
• Create and update SOP
• Provide training on new technical procedures, when necessary
• Identify quality problems and suggest improvement opportunities.
• Perform Phase 1 OOS laboratory investigations with guidance from senior lab analysts
• Conduct Quality Control evaluations of consumer complaints and Quality Inquiries
Requirements• Experience in a microbiology, analytical chemistry or product evaluation laboratory in Quality Control
• Solid awareness and practice of safe lab procedures
• Solid knowledge of laboratory testing techniques (GMP, GDP and Good Lab Practices) and proficient use of all laboratory equipment (e.g., Viscometer, ACS Color Computer, Vitek, and Wet Chemistry techniques)
• Ability to write SOPs, deviations, change controls and OOS reports
• Knowledge of cosmetic ingredients & manufacturing procedures preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP systems is preferred
• Degree in Science preferably B.S./M.S. in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Microbiology equivalent experience