Company OverviewGlobal Renewable Energy Company
- one of biggest players in Japanese renewable energy market, has over 500MWp assets in Japan.
Job DescriptionThe SCADA Engineer will work on a wide range of PV plant projects throughout their lifecycle, providing the technical leadership and support needed to enable project success. This role will be responsible for the development, implementation, commissioning and monitoring of the Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems in our PV plant as well as the preparation of the yield assessment and the analyzing and evaluating of the monitoring data. The SCADA Engineer will frequently and proactively interact with internal and external counterparties to achieve results and will be a key contributor in activities that drive our future competitiveness.
The SCADA Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design and improve the SCADA and communication solution for our PV plants increase the effectiveness and the competitiveness of the implemented solutions and provide specification for supplier and contractors
- Review SCADA and communication solution as well as CCTV designs provided by supplier and contractors and ensure the complains with our requirements.
- Check the implementation of the SCADA, CCTV and communication solution on site and support commissioning of Monitoring Hardware, IT network and Infrastructure for plants in construction as well for the integration of new assets
- Support technical DD assessing M&A projects assessing as-built conditions of SCADA and communication solution and propose and evaluate required improvements
- Lead the integration of new acquired PV plants into the centralized monitoring and asset management platform
- Evaluate site specific data required for the evaluation of the performance of the PV plants and prepare yield assessments based on the site data SCADA system and
- Monitor, analyses and evaluate the data collected by the SCADA system and identify potential issue or required improvement in order to meet and to optimize the energy output of the of PV plants.
- Simplify the existing processes through development of the existing tools to support the rapid growth of the portfolio and allow more in-depth analysis to further understanding of asset performance.
• Bachelor of Science or related degree in engineering
• Good knowledge of SCADA and communication system design, in particular SCADA system architecture, IT network and components (servers, dataloggers, RTU, PLC, SCADA, router, modem, etc.)
• Experience in the implementation and commissioning of SCADA and communication systems
• Experiences with CCTV system
• Familiarity of technical drawings and specifications
• Experience in the Renewables industry (preferably Solar).
• Analytical skills and ability to work with large quantities of statistical data and convert it into understandable results
• Experience in preparing production yield assessments and the evaluation of production data
• Advanced capabilities in MS Office applications
• Positive energy towards project challenges as well as learning and adapting to business dynamics
• Owner’s mentality in taking responsibility for deliverables
• One team approach working constructively with domestic and international counterparties
• Do the right thing to support the company in becoming more competitive and achieving results
• High attention to detail with excellent analytical skills
• Self-motivated, well organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate and coordinate task within international teams
• Ability to travel domestically based on business needs, averaging up to 30% of work time Able to work under pressure and towards deadlines
• Licensed to drive in Japan
• Written and spoken Japanese proficiency, able to converse and write in English
• Able to manage, control and deliver against multiple projects and work requests in a timely manner
• Able to manage supplier and contractors
Additional Job InformationSalary: 6M JPY- 7.5M JPY+ Bonus