Job title: Sales Account Manager (Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka)
We are seeking a highly talented sales account manager to sell metrology instrument and precision positioning products in the assigned territory or business sector. This person will manage customer relationships and develop and execute the strategic and tactical plans to maximize the sales at the assigned accounts. Acting as the interface between customers and our firm, this person will understand the customers’ needs, identify and recommend to the customer appropriate solutions, to ensure customer expectations are met.
• Develop contacts with established customers and initiate contacts with potential customers to maximize sales within the assigned territory.
• Develop and manage sales leads to close orders.
• Book shippable orders to yearly quota.
• Provide short/mid-term sales forecasts.
• Practice results and value selling techniques to maximize sales effectiveness and minimize price and term discounting.
• Coordinate efforts of other technical and sales personnel both inside and outside the respective region to the benefit of the customer in the assigned territory.
• Conduct in-house and on-site technical presentations and product demonstrations.
• Maintain complete technical knowledge of company, products, and capabilities.
• Fully understand and utilize company administrative procedures including quotations and RFQ’s, pricing terms, payment terms, and leasing terms.
• Provide complete up-to-date, timely, and accurate sales forecasts and call reports to the sales manager.
• Assist at trade show exhibition.
• Provide technical and commercial Japanese-English translation during customer meetings.
• B.S. Engr., Physics or related, plus 5+ years of B-to-B sales experience in capital equipment’s.
• High performance metrology instrument sales experience into optical and high precision machining industry is desired.
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills both in Japanese and English.
• Must be able to work effectively in a multi-task environment with a minimum of supervision.
• Willing to travel 50%+ of the time.
10 mil yen base