Company OverviewMy client is an American electronic goods company with a successful business in both Japan and the APAC area as a whole. Their product range covers many different areas and they are a global leader in each field. Due to the success of the business they are expanding rapidly and are hoping to hire someone to join their team either as Senior Accountant to add immediate value to what is already a dynamic and developing group.
Job DescriptionYou will provide support to the Sr. Manager regarding accounting, financial management and ensure activities are in line with corporate and divisional policy.
• Oversee cost, general accounting, cost center, inter-company activities, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
• Compliance process (Audit - SOX, monthly/Quarterly Audit packs, BS account review);
• Administer maintenance of general ledgers and financial statements.
• Ensures procedures and controls are adequate and functioning to produce reliable, accurate, and timely financial results.
• Coordinates, and administers, an adequate plan for control of the operations.
• Implements Company policies and procedures related to financial activities.
• Collaborates on the monthly accounting close and reporting process, insuring reports are timely, accurate, and understood.
• Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual account analysis for all accounts; creates audit pack reports per compliance.
• Undertakes special studies and investigations as requested by senior management or those that are self-directed.
• Coordinates monthly variance analysis process.
• Maintain planning and budgeting systems.
Requirements• Bachelor’s Degree Required; prefer degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
• Work experience in globally operated company (i.e. Foreign company experience is an advantage)
• Knowledge and work experience based on both IFRS and Japanese GAAP
• Bilingual (Japanese native & business level English) in speaking, reading and writing
• Knowledge of accounting terminology and definitions
• Experience and knowledge of SAP is mandatory
• Book-keeping knowledge and month-end experience preferred
• Exposure to FP&A preferred
• Prior experience with internal audit preferred.
Additional Job InformationDesired Characteristics:
• Understanding and working in past organizations having centralized and de-centralized structures
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and perform effectively in a fast-paced matrix environment
• Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
• Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrix organization
• Strong analytical skills and proactive communication
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail, multi-tasking and strong follow through required