Company OverviewOne of the top american reinsurance company
With little or minimal supervision, leads client business studies ensuring business needs are met within timelines and budgets, identifying client’s business needs for complex systems development. Elicits and documents requirements and partners with project team to ensure appropriate solutions are designed and developed. Trains client-users on system functionality and supports them during all phases of implementation.
・ AURA team in HQ (US)
・ Underwriting team in Japan
・ Business Development team in Japan
1. Meet with internal and external clients to gain an understanding of their business needs. Perform gap analysis to identify possible enhancements to existing system functionalities, analyzing various complex business areas/functions.
2. Document the clients’ business needs in the form of formal requirements and/or user stories and work with the project team to develop appropriate solutions; while ensuring the solution supports all affected business units.
3. Manage the expectations and priorities of clients and work with them to negotiate design aspects that will meet or exceed their needs while considering the impact to AURA Technologies’ core software.
4. Work with project team to ensure project remains within the constraints of time, cost, scope and quality. Document work flow using workflow tools. Ensure on-going communication and positive working relationship with clients throughout the project life cycle. Act as subject matter expert for the project team.
5. Lead the training of all levels of internal/external clients on the steps required for the development and implementation life cycle. Facilitate communication between members of the project team, both internal and external, on project issues and expectations.
6. Develop test scenarios and test cases as well as assist with review of client data to determine the validity of the data, which includes negotiating possible solutions to problems, offering suggestions to the client, and recommending needed changes to the system. Act as subject matter expert for QA staff.
7. Create and monitor specifications and requirements for internal/external project members.
8. Provide subject matter expertise for user manual documentation and for creating well-structured client specific documentation following AURA Technologies’ standards.
9. Participate in multiple projects and client implementations simultaneously, appropriately
balancing priorities and deliverables.
10. Develop and complete special projects as assigned.
11. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
5-7 years IT-related experience, such as Business Analysis, Quality Assurance
Preferred: 7+ years IT-related experience, such as Business Analysis, Quality Assurance,
LOMA Certification; ARA Designation
Experience using VISIO or similar software development tool
Insurance/Reinsurance industry experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency in English and communication skill to liaise with US team
Advanced Word, intermediate Excel and SQL/Query skills
Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
Advanced level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
Advanced skills in customer relationship management
Advanced data analysis skill
Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills
Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
Broad business knowledge
Ability to train internal associates and external clients on system capabilities and processes
Ability to develop requirement documents and user stories.
Ability to read, review and understand XML output.
Ability to travel as required (up to 25%)