Company OverviewEuropean medical conglomerate established in 2006 and is based at Tokyo.
Job Description• Develop BD and M&A strategy under Department Head supervision.
• Largely independently identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage business development activities through partnerships, alliances, mergers, or acquisitions that will contribute to the organization’s short and long-term business goals.
• Manage existing alliances and establish long-term professional relationships with potential partners to promote BYL as a partner of choice and function as the first contact for Japanese.
• Act as “first filter” of incoming opportunities based on deep understanding of business needs. Prepare and coordinate preliminary assessments of external opportunities together with relevant functions.
• Prepare and lead assessment of external opportunities including due diligence.
• Present projects for First and Second Mandate to local and global decision bodies, managing key stakeholders in order to gain support for project.
• Negotiate full contractual agreement under supervision of department head.
• Initiate and manage out-licensing of non-strategic assets and negotiation of respective contracts.
• Support when necessary global BDL deals
• Take project team leadership and team coaching and development roles in the department
strong in-licensing focus, global in-licensing projects, high visibility to senior managers, high
level of external interactions
Requirements• Bachelor’s degree or above
• 3-5 years in business development or equivalent experience preferably in the
• Strong business sense to identify opportunities, structure deals, conduct financial analysis,
negotiate terms and close deals. Strongly result oriented.
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
and lead teams and manage complicated projects; ability to influence senior members of the
firms including global headquarters
• Strong analytical skills & a solid ability to understand complex business issues
• Excellent written, verbal skills, and presentation skills in both Japanese and English (TOEIC
Additional Job InformationIf interested, please contact RGF Hr consultant Gabriel Elmaleh at:
D: +81-3-4400-2616 | M: +81-(0)80-6532-2202