Company OverviewThis company is part of one of the world's leading advisers on business strategy. For their management consulting they partner globally with clients from all sectors to support their businesses. Approaches are customized and combine insight about the companies dynamic and the current market at all organizational levels.
They were founded in 1963 and have over 90 offices in 50 countries.
More specifically, this subgroup specializes in computer science, AI, and deep industry expertise. Their team consists of world-class Data Scientists and Business Consultants.
Job DescriptionThey are seeking a strong candidate with advanced analytics experience to fill an exciting Senior Data Scientist (SDS) position. The SDS is a valuable expert in Data Science and Analytics and will design and build analytics methodologies, solutions, and products to deliver value to BCG's clients in collaboration with case teams. Exceptional candidates will also show an analytical curiosity, going beyond the immediate requirements of the project to find deep insights that others have missed. They will ask questions about outliers, seek to understand the fundamental drivers of advantage and look for clues that may change the basis of competition.
• PhD and 1-2 years of relevant industry work experience or a Master’s Degree with significant relevant experience providing advanced analytics solutions is required. The degree should be in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or a related data centric field.
• Looking for individuals with deep technical and data science expertise, acute strategic and analytical skills, ability to lead and persuade, drive and energy, and desire to work in a project based environment on strategic issues.
• Strong record of professional accomplishment and leadership.
• Fluency in Japanese is a must
Additional Job InformationKEY COMPETENCIES:
• Deep Technical and Data Science Expertise: The successful candidate will have a wealth of experience with applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations, such that they can efficiently and effectively advise multiple teams on the best path to uncovering critical insights for clients. The DS will have Demonstrated analytical expertise, including the ability to synthesize complex data.
As well as:
• Experience in core analytics methods
• Familiarity with a broad base of analytics tools
• Experience in applied analytics for business problem solving
• Analytical and Conceptual thinking
• Engagement Management and Work with Case Teams
• Client Relationship Management
• Analytics Innovation