|職名||Senior Internal Audit|
|勤務地||Japan - Tokyo|
My client is a US-based FTSE 500 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange that has a $1 billion business in Japan. They operate in over 30 countries worldwide and act as a B2B leader within the IT supply chain area. They have been consistently growing in Japan and are looking to expand their Audit team by hiring an experienced Professional to join in a Senior capacity to help oversee the operations of the organization across multiple business units.
I. Job Summary:
Evaluates the design and operational effectiveness of the company’s internal controls by taking a lead role in all phases of financial and operational audits, consultations, Sarbanes-Oxley assessments, and/or special projects (from planning through reporting).
Identifies issues and improvement opportunities, develops remediation and improvement recommendations for management’s consideration, and works with management to develop specific actionable improvement plans.
II. Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Functions as a lead auditor on progressively more complex technical and operational audits, consultations, Sarbanes-Oxley assessments, and/or special projects. May function as an individual contributor or as a lead, depending on the project.
- Documents and evaluates the adequacy of the design of internal controls primarily via flowcharts and walk-throughs.
- Supports achievement of the business objectives by planning, conducting, and reporting on risk-based audits and other projects using various methods appropriate for the project, in order to assess the design and effectiveness of financial, operational, and compliance processes for both manual and automated controls.
- Conducts audit and SOX projects efficiently and effectively with minimum supervision.
- Discuss audit and consultation results with management, as well as work with management to develop action plans for control weaknesses and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Proactively identify and assess impact of changing business and emerging risks.
Promote awareness within the company of company processes, internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and Internal Audit functions and responsibilities.
- Bears significant responsibility for the annual SOX assessment for Japan.
Big 4 experience a plus.
-IT General Controls testing and IT application controls testing experience a plus.
- At least one certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience - financial, operational, and/or systems audits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly gain and maintain knowledge of changing business and environments.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify control issues and financial and operations risk (what could go wrong) within a business process and recommend improvements.
- Ability to manage time, resources, and multiple project assignments.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including process flow-charting.
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of management in a positive and proactive manner.
- Ability to meet strict timelines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Additional knowledge and abilities:
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Act assessments, requirements, and standards are a plus.
- Strong work ethic and loyalty.
- Utilizes standard procedures as a foundation, with a frequent need for complex judgment, such as determining audit testing strategy, determining the potential impact of design or testing errors on operations/financial statements/compliance with regulations, and conducting root cause analysis.
Additional Job Information
Strong English and Japanese communication skills (oral and written) is required.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to include or be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.